First I want to say thanks to the many contributors of the 2.0 CM specification, obviously without their dedication and work to this effort I would not be able to announce it today. Contribution comes in many forms: scenario development, feedback, specification writing, contributions to specification text, implementation feedback, spec issue tracking and on and on.
So, what's new about CM 2.0? I will only summarize some of the key items and will provide a more detailed writeup later.
- Alignment - now all domain specification are based off the same OSLC Core specification. Most of these areas have enhancements over CM 1.0.
This covers areas such as:
- Service discovery
- RESTful resource interactions
- Simple query syntax
- UI Delegation
- Resource formats
- UI Preview - the ability for getting a minimal rendering of a resource that can be displayed as a tooltip or hover.
- Expanded ChangeRequest resource definition - many new properties defined, supporting new scenarios as well as commonly used across most CM providers
- Resource Shapes -For creation, for query and for update.
- Depreciation of resource-specific content types - focus more on leveraging standard content types
I look forward to more CM 2.0 implementation reports and what lies next for CM domain.